Pier B Promise to Our Guests
The staff at Pier B is committed to our guest’s, employee’s and community’s safety and health. We promise to go above and beyond in our sanitizing and safety measures in order to ensure all of our guests have a safe, pleasant, and relaxing experience while staying with us. We will continue to monitor advisories and updates closely regarding COVID-19 from the CDC, WHO, and our local healthcare officials. Please read below to learn more about our elevated standards and protocol.
In accordance with Governor Walz issued Executive Order 21-01 our pool, hot tub, and fitness center will be open with significant restrictions starting Monday, January 11. Silos will be available for Indoor dining beginning Friday, January 15 as well as RoomSide and CurbSide . If you have any questions about the restrictions in place please feel free to reach out to us at any time.
Guest Safety & Health
Face Coverings Required: We follow the State of MN Indoor Face Covering Executive Order to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Face coverings are required to be worn inside Pier B and Silos Restaurant. Pier B and Silos staff are required to wear a face covering when working outdoors in situations where social distancing cannot be maintained.Exceptions include:• Persons under the age of 5 years old.• Persons unable to wear Face Coverings for genuine medical reasons.
• Persons who have trouble breathing or those unable to remove the face covering without assistance.• Persons in their private lodging rooms, however, face coverings must be worn in all indoor common areas of the hotel.• Restaurant and bar patrons who are eating and/or drinking.Face masks are available at the front desk should you need one.
- Physical Distancing: Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them while standing in lines, using elevators or moving around the property. All resort departments will comply with, or exceed, local or state mandated occupancy limits. No more than 4 people in an elevator at once.
- Hand Sanitizer: Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at the front desk, Silos Restaurant and Bar, entry ways, elevators, fitness center, pool area, and meeting spaces.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): For the safety of our guests, PPE and face masks will be worn by employees who come in contact with guests during their regular daily responsibilities. It is recommended that guests wear masks in high traffic areas such as the lobby, hallways, and elevators where they may come in contact with other guests and staff.
- Guest Rooms: Along with our normal cleaning protocols, housekeeping staff will disinfect each room’s water faucet handles, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, key readers and other high-touch items including television remote controls, nightstands, doors, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, luggage racks, railings and flooring. All guest rooms have their own HVAC system, which will be regularly cleaned and/or have their filters replaced.
- Stayover Service: While we are not currently offering in room stayover service, we want to make sure that you have everything you need for an enjoyable stay. Upon request, we will leave an amenity bag outside of your door containing clean towels, new cups, coffee, coffee condiments, trash bags, shampoo, conditioner, and soap. Bins and trash cans will be placed in each hallway for guests to dispose of their trash and deposit any unwanted linens.
- Laundry: Dirty linen will be bagged in the guest room to eliminate excess contact while being transported to the laundry facility. All bed linen and laundry will continue to be washed at high temperature and in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Public Spaces: Staff will disinfect all surfaces every two hours, or as occupancy dictates. This includes bell carts, countertops or check-in stations, hand rails, door handles, elevator buttons, public bathrooms, key cards, locks, ATMs, and other hard surfaces.
- Front Desk: Staff will regularly sanitize and disinfect all countertops, phones, key cards, pens and credit card devices after use. Social distancing markers will be placed on floors for guest check in lines. A safety barrier has been installed at the front desk for additional safety of both our guests and staff.
- Silos Restaurant & Bar: Indoor dining to resume on January 14, 2021 RoomSide and CurbSide still available.
- Breakfast To-Go: Breakfast to-go is available for all guests. Pick up your order slips at the front desk and drop off in the “Breakfast To-Go” order box outside of Silos Restaurant by no later than 10pm the night before. Your order will be ready for pick up at the time designated on the slip.
- Fitness Center: Open with restrictions beginning December 19th. Maximum of 2 occupants at any one time.
- Pool and Hot Tub: Open with significant restrictions beginning on Monday, January 11th. Maximum of 9 occupants at any one time in the pool and Maximum of 3 occupants at any one time in the hot tub.
- Marina and Boat House: Along with our normal cleaning protocols, all surfaces and keys will be disinfected before and after each use. Paddle Boards and paddleboats are still available for use. All equipment will be disinfected before and after each use.
- Patios, Decks, and Fire Tables – Our All chairs will be set for appropriate physical distancing and wiped down every 2 hours, or immediately following a guest departure.
- Sports Court and Activity Rentals: Along with our normal cleaning protocols, all surfaces and equipment will be disinfected before and after each use.
- Meetings & Events – Pending guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health. Seating capacities and floor plans to be reviewed on an event by event basis to ensure appropriate physical distancing. Along with our normal cleaning protocols, all conference room doors, tables, chairs, light switches and equipment will be disinfected after each group use.
Employee’s Safety & Health
- COVID-19 Training: All employees will receive training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols with more comprehensive training for our teams with frequent guest contact including Housekeeping, Food and Beverage, and Hotel Operations.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Appropriate PPE will be worn by all employees based on their role and responsibilities, and in adherence with state or local regulations and guidance. Training on how to properly use and dispose of all PPE will be mandatory. Every employee entering the resort will be provided a mask and required to wear that mask while on property. Gloves will be provided to employees whose responsibilities require them as determined by medical experts including housekeeping and public area attendants.
- Hand Washing: All employees have been instructed they must wash their hands every 60 minutes (for 20-seconds) and after any of the following activities: Using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, blowing the nose, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, smoking, eating, drinking, going on break and before or after starting a shift.
- Health Screening: All employees will document their temperature and if they have had any respiratory symptoms when they report for their shift.
- Case Notification: Should we be notified of a case of COVID-19 at our property, we will immediately take action and work with the proper health authorities to obtain the facts and guidance on the steps to take with both guests and staff. We would take on an additional cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting protocol of the public areas of the resort as well as the areas we know they had been during their time on the property. We would also seal off the guest’s room and undertake a room recovery protocol to ensure the room is disinfected thoroughly and safely.
Our desk staff is available daily and can be reached by phone at 218-481-8888 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have additional questions.
Please stay safe and healthy. We appreciate your support during this time– thank you for your trust.
Pier B Resort Hotel
Additional COVID-19 information to reference:
Respiratory etiquette: Cover your cough or sneeze
Employees exhibiting signs and symptoms of COVID-19